Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out with the Old and in with the New









Well 2011 was certainly an eventful year both professionally and personally.  I overcame some tough personal hurdles, as well as see my dreams realized. I have made new friends, lost some old friends and found a comfortable place where I am content in who I am.

Of course, in hindsight there are many things that would have been done differently, but alas, hindsight is only favourable when you have faced life changing circumstances.  Needless to say, I am stronger, wiser and extremely cautious about who I can trust and who has my best interests at heart.

However, I must stress that NOT everything was doom and gloom. My first novel - In the Shadows - had it's first successful release in March, and then through my current publisher, it was released as a second edition on July 21st. I got to visit one of my many dream locations in June - Eilean Donan Castle - which was a spectacular experience both my husband and I will not forget.  We traveled the length and breadth of the Scottish Highlands, and fell in love the atmospheric backdrops of the endless lochs and mountains.

Early August came and we were both shocked and thrilled at the news of impending parenthood -again!
Yes, we found out baby number 5 was due to make an appearance in Spring 2012 and this alone gave us proof that miracles do and will continue to happen.

My second novel - Walking with Shadows - released Monday 12th December and has been getting great reviews so far and I am excited about a forthcoming book tour in February.

Whilst some things may have stepped on my toes, I think it is fair to say that I overcame the hurdles quite well, and have a close network of people who made the whole journey possible.  From my husband and children, to my parents and sisters, right through to my closest and dearest friends, and of course a network of fellow authors who keep astounding me with their support and love. 

Then to top it all off, I made the list on Paranormal Reads top Indie Authors of 2011 - how amazing is that for a little Irish girl?  Pretty bloody stoked if you ask me.

Anyway, enough of my waffle. But just let me make an apology.  I was due to have two authors feature in my December Guest Author Spotlight, but due to my mother-in-law taking (very seriously) ill, I was unable to finish my commitments, but rest assured these authors will be here in the next few weeks.

So this is me, posting for the last time in 2011 and would just like to wish YOU ALL a fantastic and safe New Years Eve and may the blessings of a New Year bring you hope, health and prosperity. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you Julianne! I am blessed to have met you this year and I wish you and your family all the best. Thank you for all the support and advice you've offered me. My blessings to your mother-in-law and to your unborn child!

    ReplyDelete