Thursday, September 2, 2010

Shuffling along with the rest doesn't always mean the best!

Okay, it's been a while since my last post. But I have been extra busy these past 7 days! Firstly, my 'BIG' little man started Secondary School on Monday and boy was that an emotional day, yes I know he's 13 and I should probably loosen those apron strings a little, but, when I look at him, I can still vividly see the baby I carried for nine long months and it just chokes me up with pride watching him turn into a young man, and then on Tuesday, I went through it all again with my little 'DUDE'  Matthew on his FIRST ever day at 'big' school. He made both his daddy and I proud, he looked adorable in his uniform and never once whined about having to say goodbye to us. I was the one leaving the school yard with tears falling down my cheeks- God, I am such a wimp- but this is something mummies tend to go through. Not only are children cool with causing us actual bodily harm on entering this world, they also intend to break our hearts during those special moments that we never get back, but you know what, I'm a sucker for those special moments and long may they happen!

Back to writing, well, it has been interesting, the area that I though I was going with Walking With Shadows has taken a turn that even I didn't anticipate, yes I keep detailed notes on how I plan my story/book, but sometimes, these plans tend to get overlooked and you end up heading down a completely different road. And that is exactly what I have done. I have taken Giselle somewhere I thought I wouldn't cover in this series, but hey, I'm  the writer so I guess I can do whatever I like.

Artwork: I have a lovely young girl composing some artwork for the site as well as for some possible cover art for my work, so hopefully I can get something posted in the next week or so.

Well, it has been lovely, but I must go and check on the kiddies and continue working, otherwise I'll end up talking a load of nonsense and we can't have that, can WE?

No comments:

Post a Comment